End-to-end Accuracy, Efficiency, and Confidence
myQA iON is the unique Patient QA software solution for efficiency, accuracy, and safety of recurrent QA checks in Proton Therapy.
myQA iON significantly reduces the time needed for Patient QA. Task-based workflow, automation, and the latest web software technologies increase QA efficiency while ensuring patient treatment safety.
The software uniquely combines three advanced Patient QA verification solutions in one environment – enabling the optimal Patient QA for each individual case.Contact us for your individual solution!
- High accuracy through leading-edge Monte Carlo dose computation.
- Verify TPS plan dose vs. Independent Monte Carlo dose.
- Verify TPS plan dose vs. Log-reconstructed dose.
- Save significant time through Patient QA workflow and process automation.
- Overcome time consuming detector measurements at isocenter.
- Monte Carlo and machine logs QA calculations in the background.
- Verify treatment delivery quality of each fraction, until the last fraction.
- No additional QA workload required through automatic log transfer and analysis.
- Automatic fractional dose reconstruction based on treatment delivery/machine logs.
Case Report – User Experience with myQA® iON
Read the Physics World article based on the experience of the MedAustron medical physicists team with their clinical implementation of independent Monte Carlo Patient QA.
Click below and get your impression of myQA iON End-to-End Patient QA in Proton Therapy.
Independent Monte Carlo
- Verify TPS dose vs. independent Monte Carlo dose via 3D gamma algorithm
- One click workflow: simply send the TPS DICOM data to myQA iON
- Automatic Monte Carlo calculation in the background
- High accuracy with sophisticated Monte Carlo dose map computation
- Easy integration in your routine QA workflow
3D Monte Carlo Analysis
- Fully automated independent Monte Carlo dose computation.
- Verify TPS dose vs. independent Monte Carlo dose.
- 3D gamma analysis and difference dose map.
- Display and verify independent Monte Carlo and log reconstructed dose vs. TPS plan dose on patient anatomy (and DVH² verification).
3D Log Analysis
3D Monte Carlo dose reconstruction based on the actual treatment delivery logs.
Verify each treatment fraction, not just pretreatment (dry run).
Track the fractions-accumulative delivered dose².
Intuitive visualization of TPS planned vs. actual delivered spot map, and analysis of spot position error for each energy layer.
²DVH support and dose accumulation are work in progress
QA time saving through logs and automation
Log based QA
- myQA iON uniquely integrates machine log QA, allowing up to 5 times faster Patient QA.1
- Eliminate time consuming detector measurements at isocenter.
- Fully automated TPS DICOM and machine log data processing, and automated trigger of all calculations in the background.
- User-defined log analysis, result display & verification with customized thresholds for warning and error management.
- Process automation saves you from tedious and error-prone manual QA operations and status checks.
- Automatic data retrieval and background processing.
- Easy integration in your routine QA workflow.
- Monitor your complete QA status in one comprehensive overview.
- Minimize your setup times through automatic grouping of identical tasks.
- Easy management of all your QA tasks, due dates, and staff assignments.
- Convenient network access: The web-client enables QA reviews on any device connected to your hospital network.
1A Patient QA survey among 39 experienced medical physicists at Proton Therapy centers determined an average 80% time saving with myQA iON compared to traditional measurement-based Patient QA. The expected time saving at an individual site may vary depending on the application mix of log-file QA vs. measurements, the patient case distribution, and QA protocols.
- myQA iON significantly reduces the time needed to complete Patient QA: Task-based workflow, automation, and the latest web-based software technologies increase QA efficiency while ensuring patient treatment safety.
- myQA iON uniquely integrates 3 advanced Patient QA verification tools into 1 environment – enabling fast, accurate, and optimal treatment delivery – based on each individual case.
- myQA iON delivers treatment safety fraction by fraction, including the last fraction, which can now be verified for the first time by utilizing the fractional treatment delivery logs.
Professor & Head of Medical Physics, Department of Radiation Oncology / University Medical Center Groningen, Netherlands
Physics Director / University of Florida Health Proton Therapy Institute Jacksonville, FL, USA
Patient-Specific QA in Proton PBS: Past, Present, & Future
Advanced patient-specific QA solution myQA iON that is based on PT irradiation logs and Monte Carlo simulation.
Presented by Marc Blakey, MS, DABR.