Combined Efficiency in Patient QA
Log files powered by best-in-class Monte Carlo
- Powerful combination of best-in-class SciMoCa™ Monte-Carlo dose calculation and log files
- Task based automation for optimized workflow efficiency
- Fast analysis of all sources of possible errors for increased patient safety
Coming Soon: 3D measurements
Contact us for your individual solution!
Proven efficiency, accuracy, and safety in Radiation Therapy
myQA iON is a unique Patient QA software environment featuring an automated workflow and best-in-class algorithm to maximize your efficiency and accuracy. Validate your most demanding treatment techniques while ensuring patient safety without compromise.
myQA iON offers you:
- Fully automated 3D plan verification workflow
- Easy identification of any sources of errors using the SciMoCa Monte Carlo algorithm and log files
- Use of daily logs to explore the relevance of dose deviations from the treatment planning software or delivery system
- Delivery of even the most complicated treatments with confidence
Combined Monte Carlo and log file Patient QA
myQA iON combines machine log files with a Monte Carlo algorithm from the beginning to the end of your patient treatments.
- Achieve an accuracy of <1% with the SciMoCa Monte Carlo algorithm
- Perform your pre-treatment QA with the SciMoCa Monte Carlo algorithm
- Validate delivered dose during treatment with the SciMoCa Monte Carlo algorithm combined with log files
- Prepare for an adaptive future with tools such as plan complexity analysis
Efficient task-based workflow
myQA iON has an optimized, automated workflow to save time and speed up your QA process.
- Speed up your QA process with automated dose calculations, in the background
- Assign tasks to specific users with the optimized patient or task lists view
- Identify any potential errors or dose deviations using advanced, yet easy to use, tools
Safe delivery of patient treatment
To ensure accurate and unbiased QA results, a system is required that is unbiased and independent from the treatment planning system vendor.
- Utilize all DICOM information from your based treatment planning systems
- Analyze your results using advanced 3D tools such as DVH’s and clinical goals
- Identify the source of any potential dose deviations or errors
- Understand the clinical relevance and source of potential deviation and errors
“myQA® iON provides a high level of automation and an easy overview of all patient QA tasks. We added some scripts to our TPS to automatically send the DICOM data to myQA iON as soon as a plan is approved. myQA iON calculates the dose and evaluates the data during the preparation work inside the OIS automatically; this speeds up our QA. When we finish prep, the QA is ready. The Monte Carlo algorithm provides high specificity and sensitivity to capture real clinical errors. myQA iON's accuracy and performance give us high confidence in our patient QA processes. With the log file analysis, we can track the given dose of the accelerator. This happens automatically in the background.” Dr. Stephan Dröge, Chief Medical Physicist, Lung Clinic Hemer, Germany
“The software environment shows all the patient QA tasks and workflow steps in one interface, which makes our lives much easier. The automation of the workflow saves me a lot of time and speeds up patient QA considerably, yet still provides comprehensive analysis and supreme Monte Carlo dose accuracy. The myQA iON software allows for full automation but I have the freedom to maintain control of the functionality.” Lourens Strauss, Medical Physicist, University of the Free State, Bloemfontain, South Africa.
How long does the MC calculation take based on plan type?
- Between 10 seconds for 3D CRT plans to 4 minutes for multiple arc VMAT treatments for large calculation volumes assuming dose grids of 2-3 mm and Monte Carlo uncertainty of 0.5 to 1 % on the recommended hardware
- Lower values of Monte Carlo uncertainty and fine calculation grid will increase calculation times
- Here are some examples of the real calculation times for clinical cases:
- VMAT prostate with lymph nodes, 2 full arcs: 3 mm gris size, 1% MC uncertainty - 39 seconds
- VMAT chestwall and lymph nodes, 2 partial arcs: 2 mm grid size, 2% MC uncertainty - 37 seconds
- VMAT whole brain with multiple mets, 3 full arcs and one partial
3 mm grid size, 2% MC uncertainty - 18 seconds
2 mm grid size, 1% MC uncertainty - 2 min 30 seconds
Where is this product installed? Is there any management of individual clients needed?
myQA iON is installed on a dedicated server fulfilling the minimum requirements. There is no need to manage any individual clients as it is a web application and can be accessed from any workstation in the same network with the server from supported web browsers.
What is gained by having myQA iON process my RT logs? How is that different from the initial Monte Carlo calculation?
- The initial Monte Carlo secondary dose check provides comprehensive QA for all aspects of the plan creation workflow starting from density corrections, HU definitions through the beam model and algorithm evaluation under real clinical conditions to the final MU and dose check with the scoring of the plan complexity.
- In the logs workflow we provide on the daily basis QA for the actual mechanical delivery aspects, as RT logs contain information about actually delivered positions of the MLC, jaws and gantry together with actual MU data. All the logs information is then processed and represented as daily QA dose distribution on the patient CT.
- By combining both tools, all Linac and TPS specific errors can be distinguished, detected and analyzed, which is a unique offering compared to phantom-based QA methods and can be performed for every treatment fraction.
Does myQA iON have dose comparison tools such as DVH or others?
myQA iON offers the following tools for your Patient QA:
- 3D gamma analysis in patient geometry and gamma histogram
- 3D dose difference display in patient geometry
- Independent MU and point dose check verification
- Beam geometry display
- Plan complexity scoring
- Dose-volume histogram and DVH statistics table
- Clinical goals table with DVH criteria
Evaluation of 4-Hz log files and secondary Monte Carlo dose calculation as patient-specific quality assurance for VMAT prostate plans
Validation of the Acuros XB dose calculation algorithm versus Monte Carlo for clinical treatment plans
Validation of a secondary dose check tool against Monte Carlo and analytical clinical dose calculation algorithms in VMAT
"Utilizing Log Files For Treatment Planning And Delivery QA In Radiotherapy" (2019).
PO-0805: commissioning of the new Monte Carlo algorithm SciMoCa for a VersaHD LINAC. Radiother Oncol. 2017;123:S429-S430.
Commissioning and clinical implementation of the first commercial independent Monte Carlo 3D dose calculation to replace CyberKnife M6™ patient‐specific QA measurements
A Monte Carlo Model of a Compact Radiosurgery System for Patient-Specific Quality Assurance and Validation of TPS Base Data 2022 RSS Scientific Meeting March 04, 2022 - March 06, 2022
Assessment of SciMoCa as a second dosimetry check in the clinical routine practice
Monte Carlo secondary plan check: validation and definition of the action limits for Patient QA
Evaluation of machine log files/MC‐based treatment planning and delivery QA as compared to ArcCHECK® QA
|Treatment techniques||Treatment machines||Treatment Planning System|
|Photon and electron treatment techniques supported||Elekta – all C-arm machines|
Varian – all C-arm machines
Varian – Halcyon® and Ethos™
CyberKnife®, TomoTherapy®, Radixact®, Zap-X® and MR-linac devices coming soon
|All TPS capable of DICOM-RT Export|
Recommended Server specifications
|Operating System||Windows Server 2016 or 2019 OS|
|Free hard disk space||2 6TB HDD drives|
|Web browser||Chrome™, Firefox™|