This presentation teaches the correct application of TRS483 code of practice, the selection of appropriate detectors and highlights pitfalls to avoid in order to achieve accurate results. The following topics are covered:
- The formalism: from reference condition to clinical small fields
- Which detectors are suitable for small field dosimetry?
- The positioning of the detectors
- Where to find the correction factors and what are the associated uncertainties?
- Pitfalls to avoid in SF Dosimetry
Dr Hui Khee Looe, Deputy Head of the Depnt of Medical Physics, University Clinic for Medical Radiation Physics and Radiation Protection, Pius Hospital, Oldenburg, Germany